Prevent Electric Shock Drowning!
ESD occurs when a person in the water comes in contact with a stray electric current path which causes paralysis, resulting in the victim drowning. ShockIQ can prevent “Electric Shock Drowning” by monitoring your dock frame and water for stray electricity. ShockIQ shuts off the power to your dock if electricity is detected, potentially saving lives!
- The siren sounds and flashes the red light
- Power is shut off to your dock instantly
- The unit goes on battery backup and continues to monitor for electricity
- Sensing Distance: 80ft.+ (depending on water conditions)
- Easy push button adjustable threshold settings (low, medium, high)
- Takes multiple readings within a second to eliminate false positives from electrical spikes
- Use the test function to ensure the GFI trips.
If the siren sounds continuously, ShockIQ is still detecting electricity in the water. This could be coming from another source other than your dock. Call your electrician and report this condition.
Steve Elliott, Listing Agent